When I look
at his paintings I really wonder the extent of his imagination and his talents.
How could a man perform so many things in his lifetime? How could he have
collected 13,000 pages of notes, sketches and inventions? How had he managed to
be an artist, sculptor, architect, anatomist, astronomer, geologist, writer and
a revolutionist all at a time? Wondering whom I'm talking about? He was the Master
of the Renaissance’s period – Leonardo Da Vinci.
Every single
work of Leonardo has lot of amazements. His Life itself is an inspiration to
me. Though he was not formally educated he excelled in every work he set his
hands on. He was a self-tough and self-motivated person to who even sky was not
a limit. Here are some of the wonderful lines that I read about him from Wiki, “Leonardo has often
been described as the archetype of the Renaissance man, a man of
"Unquenchable Curiosity" and "Feverishly Inventive
Imagination". According to art historian Helen Gardner, the scope and
depth of his interests were without precedent and "His mind and
personality seem to us superhuman, the man himself mysterious and remote".
Marco Rosci states that while there is much speculation about Leonardo, his
vision of the world is essentially logical rather than mysterious, and that the
empirical methods he employed were unusual for his time.”
I wish I lived during his time and worked
along with him to have been able to see, how his imaginations took life through
his fingers, what kind of thought process he possessed and what inspired him the
most. I had heard the name ‘Mona Lisa’ right from my childhood, but had never
known the significance of her or the hands which made her until I read the Da
Vinci Code of Dan Brown. I really thank Dan Brown for writing that book; after
reading that book I started researching more on Leonardo and found wonderful
facts which have finally made me become his ardent fan.
(T.B.C)

No comments:
Post a Comment