Friday, August 27, 2010

Childishness is a boon :)





When people say that Life is not a dream, it’s not all so easy to live; we need to strive for success. We need to be serious about life. Yes, all these are true up to an extent. But one thing we forget while we try to excel in life is to smile and share our joy with others. Life is always filled with happiness and joy; there are thousands of reasons to smile. There are plenty of things which tickle us to laughter. But then why don’t we smile? Why don’t we laugh? It’s all because of the fear we have within us. We fear to be different from others. We fear to show the childish feelings within us coz we fear that others might think that we have lost our nuts. But this is absolutely absurd. Why at all should we fear for others? Does a child fear to smile? Does it worry about what’s going on around it? No, the way a child looks at the world is different from what a grown up sees. A grown up is confined to principles, procedures and rules. His thoughts are barred. He lives the way the society wants him to live. He lives more for others than for himself and in this process of satisfying others expectations he losses his own identity. He doesn’t have the guts to think beyond the usual. But a child is not like that, it sees happiness, joy, fun and opportunity in everything it does. It does whatever it feels like doing. That’s called real guts. As we grow up we start experiencing the different colors of life. We meet both good and bad people. We are influenced by them. We start confining our thoughts like “This is what I am here for, I need to do only these things, I need to do it only in this particular way and only then people will appreciate my work”. We become serious….very serious..!
Hamm……My thoughts are not confined. Coz people say that I’m childish; and yes, I see things in a different way. I like to smile and I like to laugh. Very Little things trickle me to laughter. I speak my heart. When I am in a crowd, I don’t worry about what others think about me. But I am always engaged in exploring opportunities available to me. I do what my heart says is right. Childishness is not foolishness but as I name it, it’s called real guts. Gut to express your feelings, emotions and thoughts. I am proud that I have that guts. Why should I confine my thoughts? Why should I behave like others? If I had to live like others then why did God make me? I am made the way God wanted me to be. I have the guts to ask the world questions and also to get appropriate answers for all my questions. If I am able to impress people easily then what is the problem? Is it that I am able to express myself clearly? When people say that you still don’t know the complications of life, I wonder, why should I know it in the first place? If I start knowing the complications of life then I’ll start fearing for every little thing I do. I stop thinking differently. But I don’t want to be a coward. If I go wrong, I know that I have the courage to correct my mistakes and learn what is right. So, I don’t what to limit my thoughts. As H. W. Longfellow says “Be not like a dumb driven cattle, but be a hero in the strife.” So I am happy that I am different from other. I don’t do things just because everyone else is doing it and at the same time I do things which I feel is right even if others are against it.
Whatever we are now is based on what we were in our childhood. Whatever we can do is a gift our childishness has given us. So, never hide your “real” self. Never pretend to be what you are not. Let it go out freely and explore new things in every walk of like. If you are able to see colors even in the darkest corner of the Earth, if you are able to listen to the sweet melodies amidst the Hustle bustle of Life and if you are able to smile even in the toughest times of Life then don’t worry a bit. You are actually going in the right path. Until or unless you are not going against your consciousness, you needn’t worry about anything else.
Now before I conclude this article I would like to point out few real time advantages of being childish.
1. You are never bored of life.
2. You’ll have the attitude of taking life easy.
3. You always have the positive attitude to learn new things.
4. If someone barks at you, you will never panic but you will start imagining him or her wearing a pony tail or having a long nose. That’s it, see you have a reason to smile.
5. You are always away from the darker side of mankind like jealousy, hatred, selfishness, unwanted things etc. instead you are always ready to help others with an open mind.
6. You will be able to make your own identity in this world just because you are able to think differently.
7. You will be able to impress anybody just within seconds Coz your speaking your heart.
8. While you smile and laugh you can make others also enjoy the happiness of life.
9. You will never feel lonely coz you’ll always be surrounded with friends.
10. Children will love you to the core of their heart. And that’s the greatest pleasure. Coz a child’s love is equal to God’s love. There is always truth and innocence in that love and that’s the real love.
11. Last but not the least; you will have the courage to take disappointments with the same cheer as you take success coz you are always ready to learn the hard lessons life with a smile.
Therefore, never hide your childishness. Give it a space to grow within you. And always be proud of what you are. Ho...Ho...Ho…Am Proud of what I am. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment