Friday, January 14, 2011

Let us make our lives worthy to be LUCKY




This is one of my most favorite song. The meaning of the song goes like this,

God gave this beautiful life...
This world is his house...
close ur eyes.... and praise the God!!

There are hearts overflowing with mercy!!
There are hands which wipe off ur tears!!
Long live (hearts and hands) for hundreds of years!!!

Wht did we get here (to this world)
Wht are we going to carry there (to the next world after death)
Life itself is a beauty.... Let us live that in affection and leave this world!!!

God gave this beautiful life...
This world is his house...
close ur eyes.... and praise the God!!

In this world... There are enough reasons to celebrate...
In this life... I dont have any short-falls...
To the extent to which life calls.... (ohh.. ughhh)

Male: To the extent to which life calls, we will travel....
When we need to bid adieu, we will say that thro our smile...
Oh happiness.... let it be always there without even a small reduction...





I would like to describe about one incident which happened in my life. When I was in my Collage, I was in the sounds committee. On every Tuesday we used to have Assembly hour, where eminent speakers used to come and give lectures on their area of specialization. Some times we just used to have some good program arranged by our own college students. Our college is very famous for its Psychology study and it had its own Child Development Center where many mentally challenged kids are taken care.

So, it happened that, on one Tuesday we had a program arranged by the Psychology students. They planned to bring those kids and introduced them to the rest of the college and also give a bird’s eye view of the trauma the children and their parents were undergoing. When it was time for the Assembly hour that day, students started entering the auditorium and my Friend and I went backstage to make arrangements for the mikes. I didn’t have any idea about the program. After making all arrangements we were waiting for the program to start. At that time, students brought in those kids backstage and made them sit. I was so surprised and happy to see them. If am not wrong, I guess there were 15 kids. They all sat quietly except for few. The program started and the psychology students brought the kids one by one onstage and introduced him/her to the students in the auditorium. They were even describing about the way in which each child was challenged and how they worked to make the kid learn the very basic things like eating, identifying colors, speaking basic words etc. The children had to struggle to do the things which we carelessly did. As I was hearing to that I almost had tears. At that time I started to think..?????
Why did God make them mentally challenged..??? Are we so lucky that we are able to do all things so easily? I felt were sad for those kids.

Now when I think of it, I have this in my mind……
Do we, having our entire senses right see the blessings which God has given us? No, we keep grumbling about things all the time. We behave very selfishly. We live in the world of fantasy and see only the artificial side of life. We see to our own well being. We take all the blessing of God for granted and feel that whatever is happening is happening because of ourselves and our own capabilities. We keep running behind money, wealth, fame, power, achievements, beauty etc…….! We feel disappointed when we don’t get what we desired for. We feel unhappy for thousands of reasons everyday. If we don’t like someone, we show utter hatred towards them. But do those children feel all these..??? So isn’t it a fact that actually we are the mentally challenged ones..???

We are really lucky to live the life we are living. But the question is that, are we worth being lucky? hmmmm…….most of the time the answer is ‘No’ or maybe unless we change our outlook towards this life the answer to this question will remain as ‘NO’ for ever.
How can we make ourselves worthy? The answer which I realized is that, we can make ourselves worthy by appreciating every little thing that God has created and also by feeling HAPPY about the very self we are. Let us let go our ego and show kindness to all. God is in everybody so why should we show hatred on others. Let us be happy every moment we live. Happiness or Sadness depends on the way we take it. There are lots of people in this world who are in a very helpless state. Why not we try to help them? Service to mankind is service to God. There are lots of wonderful things we can do with the life God has given us. When we keep thinking about ourselves we feel that we are the only ones who are facing the sadness but when we look at people who are suffering more than us, we will learn that we are very lucky to be what we are.

God loves the person who shows kindness and love to other even when he himself is facing bad times. God’s love is ‘the greatest’ which one can achieve in this life. Its worth more than any amount, earthly love, fame, power etc……..so let us strive to achieve that immense love which God has for us. Let us make an effort to serve the needy and the helpless. Many of us have plenty of money but we lack inner peace. We spend lavishly for useless things or for just self enjoyment. So, why don’t we use the money for a useful cause like educating a needy child or sponsoring food and clothing for them? For some of us who don’t have much money to give, why don’t we spend our time for the helpless? These are the ways by which we can make our lives worthy of being lucky.

I have a desire to serve mentally challenged kids. But as of now I don’t know how I’ll do it. But am sure God will give me the opportunity to serve them. I have decided to follow all that I have said in the above paragraph, with God’s blessings am hereby taking an oath to make my life ‘worthy to be lucky’.

No comments:

Post a Comment